OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATION!
HIGHER EDUCATION FOR ASEAN TALENTS:
SCHOLARSHIP FOR ASEAN FACULTY MEMBERS
Looking for an opportunity to study abroad in Korea?
Then, apply for Higher Education for ASEAN Talent (HEAT) scholarship program !
The Korean Ministry of Education (KMOE) and Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) have launched a scholarship program for ASEAN faculty members: Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT) . HEAT scholarship program aims to invite faculty members from ASEAN higher education institutions to support their acquisition of a doctoral degree in Korea with the aim to enhance their expertise and promote people-to-people exchanges between Korea and ASEAN.
- Applicants with ASEAN citizenship
- Applicants who are academic faculty members at 4-year college/university in their home country
- Applicants whose highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent
- Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow them to pursue their studies
- Applicants who have discussed an academic leave of absence with the university they belong to and how to contribute to their school after their return
- Applicants who are younger than 45 years old on the day that the doctoral program starts
- Applicants who have a sufficient level of proficiency in Korean or English
- Applicants who meet each university’s additional requirements
- Roundrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
- Monthly allowance: 1,100 USD per month
- Relocation (settlement) allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
- Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 400-600 USD, depending on the actual cost
- Language Training Costs and Medical Insurance: the amount of coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university
- Other Costs: Various incidental allowances depending on each university
- All grants will be paid in KRW and the amount may vary depending on the exchange rate
- Form 1. Permission for Study Leave
- Form 2. Applicant Agreement
- Form 3. Personal Medical Assessment
- Original Certificate of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree and each transcript
- Certificate of Employment
- Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship Documents
Place of submission: University Admissions office
Applicants are to submit applications by airmail or online to one of the six designated universities directly.
|University||Deadline of Submission|
|Chung-Ang University||2022. 4. 8.|
|Ewha Womans University||2022. 3. 18.|
|Jeonbuk National University||2022. 3. 14. ~ 3. 25.|
|Kangwon National University||2022. 3. 2. ~ 3. 11.|
|Korea University||2022. 3. 7 ~ 3. 25.|
|Kyung Hee University||2022. 3. 18.|
More information is available on the official website www.heatscholar.kr and in the documents attached.
Does anyone come to mind who can benefit most from
HEAT scholarship program?
Share this exciting opportunity within your network now!